Friday, March 26, 2010

I demand a boycott

All I have to say is I absolutely DESPISE automatic checker machines at grocery stores for a few reasons:

1. People are too stupid to use them. For example, when purchasing bananas you simply place it on the scanner and input the number on the sticker that is stuck to the fruit...YOU DO NOT TRY TO SCAN THE FRUIT! If I see one more person trying to scan a banana I might go insane! AND when have you ever seen a checker SCAN any fruit or vegetable of any kind....NEVER!

2. They are too loud and obnoxious. While trying to purchase a DVD, all of the sudden I hear a loud voice say "YOU ARE PURCHASING A RESTRICTED ITEM, THE ATTENDANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED TO ASSIST YOU" Thanks for letting the entire world know that I am purchasing a restricted item! No, it is not condoms or tampons...it's a DVD! And to the attendant trying to make a funny joke about my restricted item...I am not amused!

3. People try to haggle prices with a MACHINE!!! Today I had to go to the store and was forced to use an auto checker machine (see reason number 4) and a man is getting upset that his coupon won't work. The attendant comes to help and notices the coupon is expired, the man gets more upset and makes his daughter go and try to find an ad with the correct price. Keep in mind that there are about 6 people waiting to use these machines...anyways, so the daughter comes back and can't find the ad and the man starts to try to haggle the price with the attendant and then gets angry that the attendant can't help him so he demands that his grapes be taken off immediately. Are you kidding me buddy? Seriously? You wanted to save 10 cents a pound on...GRAPES?!?!?! GO TO A CASHIER IF YOU WANT TO HAGGLE! I am in a frickin' hurry and I don't have time for your stupidity!

4. You are forced to use these machines because the store does not have enough checkers with open lanes. When there are enough lanes open they are all full of people with their shopping carts jam packed with stuff and you know it will take you longer to wait for them than it will to deal with the idiots at the auto checker. So thus you are FORCED to use them...ARGH!

5. These machines steal a job that could be given to someone who really needs it. I know a few stores that have not put those machines in because it saves jobs for their cashiers. I personally, from this day forward, will stand in a line no matter how much stuff the person in front of me has, because mostly, it makes me feel better and just might keep me from jumping off the edge!

1 comment:

Mindy Curtis said...

I think I am one of the people who are too stupid to use them. I hate them because I want to use my own cloth bags and they won't let me use them. They always tell me to "take item out of bagging area" and that it is "notifying an attendant." It takes me so much longer to check out! Lame!!! :(