Monday, July 5, 2010
A Dying Past Time
Today my husband and I had the pleasure of taking my children to the arcade. WOW! What an experience! There are some things about the arcade that are so strange to me that I thought I might explore. First of all, why is it always dark in the arcade? Is this so that they can rip you off but it won't seem like they are ripping you off because there is mood lighting? Does it calm people down so they don't realize they are being ripped off? Hmmm...a person has to wonder about this. Second of all, why do the tokens always stink? They make your hand stink and also make you wonder how many people before you had those same tokens and how many orfices have they been stuck in to. I'm sure they have all at one point been dropped into a toilet or left on someone's bathroom floor for days. EEEWWW! I have washed my hands several times since then and I think I can still smell the metal stink on my hands. The coolest game at the arcade, by far, is Skee Ball. That's right, if you want to see some professional skee ball playing just follow me along to the arcade and watch a few games. I learned to master this game from my mom from the time I was a very young girl. Thanks Mom! After several games of skee ball I won a whopping 30 tickets. Awesome! I think I will go and get me some erasers now, thanks! And of course, those balls are disgusting and I can't help but wonder all of the people who have touched those balls and where they have been. Yuck! Okay next mystery of this dying past time is the lame toys that you can "purchase" with the tickets you win from the rip off games. We spent an embarrasing $35 at the arcade today and my children came home with the following "toys": two (plastic) slinky's, a rubber ball, some plastic eyeglasses with slinky's and eyeballs attached to them, two friendship bracelets, and some mini army men. These toys were all purchased with 442 tickets. Wow! I could have bought all of those toys with my $35 and still been able to afford an entire tank of gass even at the current price of $2.99/gallon, thanks for wasting my time and money! The best part of this story is that both slinky's are all screwed up to the point of no return, the rubber ball has been popped and thrown in the garbage, the army men were left in the movie theater, one of the friendship bracelets was broken about 5 seconds after being "purchased" and I'm sure the eyeglasses will be next. I hope this past time dies sooner than later and maybe I'll be able to get my $35 back when it does, here's to hoping!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Kara...your such a mom. Lol it may have been a total rip off, but you will go down in history as a bad ass mama. Or you can hold it over their heads when punishment is deemed necessary. :)
Post a Comment