Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Alpha

If there is one thing about my husband that I love and hey I'll even say that I find incredibly sexy is that he is an Alpha male. He is definitely the one in our house that lays down the law and the kids follow his orders without question. He is NOT a whimp and NEVER has been. Now this is not to say that he is mean and the drill sargeant type father, because he really isn't. He has a soft side too (especially with his little girl, there is something about daddies and their little girls). Here are a few things (okay A LOT of things) that I love about my Alpha:
He can lay down the law without raising his voice. I cannot do this and don't think I will ever be able to as long as I live.
He NEVER complains about anything but listens to me when I complain about everything!
He thinks logically. I think with my emotions and it always gets me in trouble. He seems to see the deeper side of things and can explain things very well.
He likes to get dirty and fix things himself. This is very handy around the house.
He can open a jar of pickles without breaking a sweat.
He has several sets of dumb bells and can push out a chest press with ease. I like to watch!
When we were first married we joined a gym and we were there working out and one of the owners walked up to Jacob as he was working his legs and told him that he was doing the most thorough workout with his legs and that he was really impressed. I was so proud! Jacob has REALLY nice legs, one of his mission companions even told him so...a little weird I know...but he really does!
He NEVER ONCE in our almost 7 years of marriage has let me go to bed angry. He will stay up all night if he has to to talk about the issue.
When I'm being a B**** he will set me straight and tell me to grow up. I gotta say that although sometimes it makes me even more mad, I love that he has the guts to stand up to me!
He is hilarious and always makes me laugh! Jacob and I are extremely sarcastic but we both have a good sense of humor. One day around Christmas time (this past Christmas) we were in good ole' Wal-Mart and I told Jacob I wanted to look at the poinsettia's he proceeded to say to me "I'll poin you in your settia" at that moment we both looked over and to our dismay was an older lady looking at us with disgust. We burst out laughing and couldn't stop until we left the store, she scoffed at us and angrily walked out of the aisle! Like I said good sense of humor, a little dirty, but that's just how we roll.
He gets both of our kids ready in the morning and even does our daughter's hair. He even asked me for tips on how to do it better! How cute is that? I asked if I could watch him because I thought it was cute...he refused!
He is a good daddy and is not opposed to a wrestling match in the living room or a nerf gun fight where my son shoots the bullets at him and he catches them with his hands...you know...to make it more fair!
I am so grateful for MY Alpha male. I am grateful for what he has taught me throughout our marriage. I have to say I was a child when we married and barely even knew who I was or what life was all about. I am a better person for having an alpha in my life. Now tell me, why do you love YOUR Alpha?

3 comments:

Staci said...

Those are ALL of Josh's qualities!! We have awesome men, don't we? Good blog post!!

Anonymous said...

My alpha male kills the spiders, can stick his hand in the garbage disposal or toilet without gagging. He has a great sense of humor and keeps me laughing after 15 years. He works hard long days for his family. He watches silly kid movies with his children and grandchildren and I think enjoys some of them more than the kids. He takes me to chick flicks and gets teary eyed, he loved me when i was quite chunky and tells me how beautiful i am at least 5 times a day.

emily barlocker scott said...

Being thrown around in the sack. Yep, that's my favorite quality for sure.