Anyways, Riley my little man turned 4 this month. My precious sweet hearted little boy was born on April 4th 2005 and I swear he wanted to stay in my tummy forever! After a full weekend of going in and out of the hospital (I won't go into it but my doctor was an idiot) and 13 hours of labor Riley finally came at 12:05 in the morning. It was a LONG day and the doctor finally had to use the forceps after hours of me being yelled at by the nurse and then eventually me yelling at the doctor (it was so much fun I tell ya). Ugh, it was awful! Despite that, I am so grateful that we had such a healthy, precious little boy and that everything went seemingly well with his health and strength. My doctor even said he had an even heartbeat through the whole traumatic experience and he never seemed to be in any stress whatsoever, not even when the forceps came out! He was a big boy weighing in at 8 lbs. 7.7 oz. and was a whopping 22.5 inches long!! From the time he was about 6 months he has been a little momma's boy and I love it! He has always loved to wrestle with his daddy even when he could barely crawl. He is all boy through and through and loves to get dirty (when mommy lets him) and play outside as much as possible. He loves cars and trucks and everything in between. He can be a monkey for sure and drives us crazy sometimes but he has the sweetest heart and can't stand it when anyone is hurt or crying. I am so excited to see what life will bring him! Happy Birthday little man! Here are a few pictures from the last 4 years and his
4th birthday party:
Newborn. The nurse had just given him a bath and combed his hair...I loved the part in his hair! She was so sweet and showed me how to do it...
1 yr.
This is what happens when daddy falls asleep and leaves the vaseline at a 2 yr. olds disposal...
Cute little guy!
Riley becomes a big brother...
Man in training...
I'm 4! (Whenever I tell Riley to smile for a picture, this is the smile I get. He totally got this from his dad, he does this too)
Daddy made Riley's favorite breakfast...waffles
I let him open a present early...Batman PJ's! He gave me a hug and told me that I was his best mom. He said it was because the cape was so cool! He cracks me up :)
After pizza for dinner, we ate some yummy cake! Riley got to pick out his cake this year and he wanted the tank cake. I also decorated the kitchen in tanks and camo...it was a big hit! He loved the camo tablecloth and the tanks hanging from the ceiling...you can't have a birthday without a theme, well at least not in my house :)
Presents!
EASTER
Here are a few pics from our Easter fun! We did have an Easter egg hunt at my parents house as well but I am horrible and forgot my camera. My little brothers hid 45 eggs and 2 golden bunnies just for my two kids!! When I came home from work the next day they had eaten ALL of the candy except like 10 pieces. I totally freaked and my mother-in-law told me she thought it was okay because the I left their eggs down....WHAT?!?!?! Anyways, much to my dismay it wasn't a very fun evening (the day after Easter). Kids aren't much fun all hopped up on sweets! But our Easter was a great one and the kids had an absolute bawl and loved their wheelbarrows with their Easter goodies!
Riley's Easter Wheelbarrow
Kate's Easter Wheelbarrow
The kids loved their bunny ears
Coloring Eggs
Jacob really enjoyed the shrink wrap ones...this is the first and probably only time I have ever seen him hold a hair dryer! LOL! He will kill me if he knows this is on here...oh well :) I love you sweetie!
The mess...
The finished product...
Aww...
Ok last pic...I was very proud of my camo egg!
2 comments:
Ok so I totally remember basketball games and you coming EXTREMLY pregnant! LOL wow we miss you guys! Looks like good times were had all around!
Kara! Your babies are beautiful... they look just like you, so of course they would be. Miss you!
Post a Comment