Okay so I am not normally one to follow the crowd, but in this instance I made an exception. ALL of my friends have been reading/listening to/watching the Twilight books/movie. My friend Natasha at my work had the first 3 books on her ipod and she was kind enough to let me listen to them. She will go to the library by our work and get books on CD and she shares them with me. When I finished the five books she had she gave me her ipod to listen to the Twilight series (she was on the waiting list for Breaking Dawn since August and she just barely got it checked out) so I decided to give them a listen, just to find out what the hype was all about. Well, I was in for a surprise and though I have not quite finished Breaking Dawn (I have 3 CD's left) I FELL IN LOVE! Dang it! They are so awesome and Stephenie Meyer is an amazing writer. She is so descriptive that she makes you feel what she is writing. Incredible! Thanks to Natasha, I have now jumped on the bandwagon.
My only thing is I wish I would have listened to them before the movie came out so I could get my own picture of what the Characters should look like. Now I can only picture Robert Pattison and the other chick (I don't know her name). Oh well, I guess I could be addicted to something worse :)
Oh and if you are ever at Seagull Book and Tape and you enjoy listening to books on CD or just reading books in general. Please give the book "Master" a try. WOW! IT is a fictional story about the Savior. Although, everything about the Savior's life stays pretty true to the scriptures. It is an awesome book and gives you an interesting perspective on what it might have been like to live with the Savior and Mary and Joseph and their family. It was awesome! I would recommend it to anyone, mormon or not.
3 comments:
Yep, I just recently joined the bandwagon 2 weeks ago. I am almost done with the 2nd book and I just can't get enough of it!! 2 kids take my time so I can only read it at bedtime. It is really good!!!
It is about time. They are great books. And while the movie was oh so cheesey I have seen it twice and may go again.
yeah i jumped on the bandwagon last summer and was hooked. i read the breaking dawn which was like 700 pages in one day...but at that point i felt like it had consumed my life and i needed closure...still love it!
Post a Comment