Saturday, November 27, 2010

My First Thanksgiving...Take Two

I felt the need to add more to my first Thanksgiving post. So, here goes. Sorry for the sappiness but it needs to be done. On Thanksgiving I think it is important to say what you are thankful for. Afterall, that is part of the holiday...right? It's important not just because of the holiday, but for me, it keeps me grounded. It helps me remember who all of my blessings come from. Yes, we pay the mortgage for our beautiful home, but our Father in Heaven provided our jobs. He provided a way for me to be able to work from home. He provides our food to eat and our family to enjoy. This year I have so much to be thankful for. We were able to buy our home this year, and it has been such a HUGE blessing in our lives. I am grateful to Julie and James who made it possible for us. It's funny how everything just fell into place. We ended up getting a great deal on our home and it fits us perfectly. Sometimes I don't feel worthy of everything I have. My life could be so much worse, but it's not. It makes me want to be a better person. Right now I am so content with my life. As I look back on the past seven years of being married I can see all of the struggles and hardships we have had to endure and they seem so small and insignificant. They are nothing compared to what some have to endure. So with that said I will list some things me, Jacob and my children are thankful for:

I am thankful for:
My husband. He is my strength. He keeps me going and lifts me up. I am one lucky lady!
My handsome little boy, Riley. He is so smart! He always makes us laugh and has such a good heart.
My beautiful little girl, Katelyn. What a handful she is! She is sassy and will tell you like it is. I love that about her!



My home. I love being home! It is my haven.
Being able to work from home. This has been a HUGE blessing for us! I can stay home with my kids but also bring in extra income. Wow! I love my job and the wonderful friends I have made there.
My friends. I have some great friends! Both old and new. I love going out to lunch and just sitting and talking about life. You guys are amazing and I love you!
Our cars. They get us where we need to go. My little blue cavalier keeps chugging along even though there are more than 200,000 miles on it!
The men that put my power back on and had to work on Thanksgiving.
My Father in Heaven. I am in awe at all the blessings He has given to us.
Jesus Christ. The price he paid for my sins was great. I hope that I can hold up my end of the bargain as well as he did.

Jacob is thankful for:
Everything (he doesn't want to play along) haha!

Riley is thankful for:
His parents
Jesus
Art
The whole world
Electricity

Katelyn is thankful for:
Apples
Candy
Her room
She loves Jesus
Her puppies

We had an awesome Thanksgiving and hope it will be equally awesome next year!

No comments: