Friday, October 8, 2010

I don't want what your sellin'!

Because "Get the hell off of my porch!" didn't seem an appropriate way to greet guests and visitors to my home, I decided to lean on a friend of mine to make me a "No Soliciting" sign in vinyl to put on my front door. Isn't it marvelous!




The full view


This of course goes along with a story. A couple years ago, we lived in a townhome. For some odd reason, our unit had a "No Soliciting" sign on the door and I loved it. Well, until one particular day. I had just given birth to my beautiful little girl but also lost my beautiful grandma, all in the same week. Needless to say I was exhausted both physically and emotionally. After an extremely emotional sleepless night, my baby girl and son were BOTH sleeping at the same time. This was my chance to finally get some sleep. As I'm laying on my couch and am at the point where I had just fallen to sleep, I hear a very loud obnoxious knocking on my door. Irritated already, I open the door to find a salesman. I was FURIOUS to say the least, I immediately pointed to the sign and he asked if I had been sleeping, I slammed the door in his face. At that moment, my daughter decides to wake up (probably because of the knocking, and maybe because of the slamming, who know?) this only added to my frustration. So, I again, get her to sleep and off to the couch I go. Again, get to the point where I am finally asleep and relaxed and yet ANOTHER irritating knock on my door. At this point I think I would have spit in the face of a saint I was so P.O'd! You guessed it, another salesman, who then asks me if the sign is mine?!?! WHAT?!?! Definitely a rookie! Let's just say I think this guy probably quit after I got done with him. There were several four letter words involved, and my baby woke up again. So, I decided that sleep would never be happening again in my life and that I just had to accept it.
The moral to this story is: when you don't have a "No Soliciting" sign, you get knocking on your front door during dinnertime and though you may be annoyed you have to politely decline, again, and again, and again until they leave. When you have a "No Soliciting" sign and you get a knock on your door from a salesman during dinntertime, you have every right to curse them off of your property and make them cry like little girls! And THAT is why I will always have a "No Soliciting" sign on my door.

Now I have some pimpin' to do. I have this fabulous friend who makes fabulous things! She also made me an adorable FHE board and I love her for it! She has made some bows for my daughter and an "I SPY" game for my kids. She has amazing talent! If you have any vinyl needs she has all kinds of sayings and fonts and can do-it-all! Literally! Here is her blog, please check it out:
http://d-sthings.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, so

1. I now understand your NEED for a 'No Soliciting' sign.... good grief!

2. You are awfully sweet for posting my blog. Thanks a bunch!

3. I L-O-V-E how that vinyl looks on your door! It's perfect!

The Jacobsons said...

I FOR SURE need to get me one of those! It gets so annoying! :)

Lauren said...

Will that keep "The Mormons" away, too? ;)